Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
- Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
- Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
- Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
- Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
- Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
- Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
- Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.
1. Learn how to use blogs effectively. Right now, I don't know how to trackback or tag, so I can't even completely follow the directions, and I don't have the network of bloggers that are listed on other sites.
2. Learn how to develop flipcharts for my Promethean board that are more than a PowerPoint slide show.
3. Read and write about at least two high-quality books. One should relate to school administration, the other to current classroom research.
sorry, I don't know how to do this. Someone teach me?