Saturday, June 6, 2009

I saw this post at A Math Teachers Notebook labeled: Professional Development Meme 2009 and I agreed it would be good to not only write out my plans for PD over the summer, but see what others plan to do as well.

Directions
Summer can be a great time for professional development. It is an opportunity to learn more about a topic, read a particular work or the works of a particular author, beef up an existing unit of instruction, advance one’s technical skills, work on that advanced degree or certification, pick up a new hobby, and finish many of the other items on our ever-growing To Do Lists. Let’s make Summer 2009 a time when we actually get to accomplish a few of those things and enjoy the thrill of marking them off our lists.

The Rules
NOTE: You do NOT have to wait to be tagged to participate in this meme.
  1. Pick 1-3 professional development goals and commit to achieving them this summer.
    For the purposes of this activity the end of summer will be Labor Day (09/07/09).
  2. Post the above directions along with your 1-3 goals on your blog.
  3. Title your post Professional Development Meme 2009 and link back/trackback to http://clifmims.com/blog/archives/2447.
  4. Use the following tag/ keyword/ category on your post: pdmeme09.
  5. Tag 5-8 others to participate in the meme.
  6. Achieve your goals and “develop professionally.”
  7. Commit to sharing your results on your blog during early or mid-September.

My Goals
1. Learn how to use blogs effectively. Right now, I don't know how to trackback or tag, so I can't even completely follow the directions, and I don't have the network of bloggers that are listed on other sites.
2. Learn how to develop flipcharts for my Promethean board that are more than a PowerPoint slide show.
3. Read and write about at least two high-quality books. One should relate to school administration, the other to current classroom research.


I tag:

sorry, I don't know how to do this. Someone teach me?

No comments:

Post a Comment